MAC Vs. THE HIGHSTREET

As of tomorrow I will compare MAC Studio Fix Fluid to a cheaper highstreet/drugstore alternatives. These posts will be going up once a week (except when I am on holiday). 
The five foundations I will be both reviewing and comparing are: 

#1 Rimmel: Wake me up foundation £8.99
#2 Max Factor: Lasting perfection £9.99
#No 3 no. 7: Stay perfect £15.50
#4 Rimmel: Stay Matte foundation £5.99
#5 TBC
But first here is a brief review of what I think about MAC studio fix fluid, 
I have used MAC studio fix fluid now for about two years, it really suits my combination skin type. My skin is mostly normal with a slight oily nose and dry upper lip and and chin. I am prone to break outs and go for a medium coverage. I am unfortunately not blessed with a 'summer glow' to my skin so without fake tan I am NC15.. Yes Casper they call me. 
 
Like I said the studio fix gives a medium coverage, one of the heaviest of the MAC foundations. It blends easily into the skin and can be built up to create heavier base. usually it last on my skin between 6-8 hours without any top-ups, which is perfect for day-to-day use. 

Studio fix retails at £20.50 plus an additional £3.50 for the pump. The yellow undertones in the foundation means I gain a even coverage hiding my blemishes and dark circles. I prefer dewy looking foundations, and although this is not as dewy as studio Sculpt it gives my skin a healthy glowing effect. 
Swatch....


Although I appear to be gushing over this foundation I think there are better on the market, so I am going to see what the high street have to offer? 

Labels: , , , , , , ,