LUSTING OVER REVLON...

Recently the high street make up scene has really upped it game with fabulous dupes for lips, nails and skin. But one brand I feel has really stood out is, REVLON.  Revlon is the higher end (but still totally affordable) of high street make up and is available in both Boots and Superdrug. I have fallen in love with three of their products so thought I woud give them all a review for you.  


REVLON NEARLY NAKED FOUNDATION - £8.99 (boots) 

This foundation is a dream; light weight, a wide colour selection and easy to apply. I hate to use a blogger cliche but it really does give that 'my skin but better' feeling. Obviously being a 'naked' foundation it has a light coverage, offering more than a BB cream but less than my usual foundations, making this the perfect summer foundation (if we ever see that season in the UK). It glides on with ease using fingertips or a brush and has a lasting time of about 8hours. 
The packaging looks expensive in its glass bottle with white accents however the biggest flaw of this product is the lack of pump. Having no pump means you often waste half the contents on the back of your hand. However, I have heard it is possible to use a MAC pump. 
This foundation sits on my dry skin really well leaving a light dewy finish, but still covers my imperfections. I have dry skin so haven't tried the nearly naked powder but it is meant to be just as good. 
Finding a brilliant high street foundation, that doesn't leave your face feeling cakey and chalky is difficult but low and behold I think I have finally found it - for less than a tenner! 

Shades: Vanilla- true match to my skin & Shell - slightly dark for me


 REVLON PHOTO READY CREAM BLUSH (PINCHED) -£7.99
I love a cream blush, they're comfortable and easy to build without drying my skin as much as powder blushes. Revlon's photo ready cream blushers come in three colours - Pinched, Coral Reef and flushed, all of which are beautiful shades. I purchased pinched as it is a shade I have nothing simular to. This is a milky peach tone, that will probably not suit darker skin tones. I feel like these are more like a gel than a cream and have a translucent colour, which is easy to build on. I apply this with my fingertips and it gives a natural glow to the skin without looking like a stark colour on my cheeks. 
These are not my favourite cream blushers but they are still really great quality, with classy packaging that is small enough to take about. This is a beautiful shade and great for people who like a natural glow. 
REVLON COLOUR BURST LIP BUTTER ( SWEET TART) -£7.99
These are AMAZING! I love a highly pigmented lip butter and these are simply amazing. The texture of these is much like a high quality lip balm and glides across the driest of lips with ease, however they are far better in terms of colour than any other I have used. They are great for anyone who want's to try lip colours for the first time as they're sheer and the colour is easy to build, creating the intensity you desire.
The packaging is also really smart with the quilted outer and the shiny mirror like stick, making it look fare from your normal high street lip stick. Sweet Tart is my favourite colour for this season,a super girly pink with slight yellow undertones, which match most complexions.  

Labels: , , , , , , ,